Found this link researching suspension for my shuttle..

Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Handling,
Callum
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Found this link researching suspension for my shuttle..

Post by Callum »

Was looking through google to see what will fit my shuttle, need something thatll handle well over being slammed, found this link, might be of use to others and also if any shuttle owners can confirm whats there as it seems to e pretty good guide! :) cheers

http://hondacivicwagon.yuku.com/topic/5 ... suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Found this link researching suspension for my shuttle..

Post by nominous »

Is' not strictly correct as the front shocks may be the same, but the front springs are longer or certainly stiffer.

I'm also having problems with meisters on the front as I've run out of thread in the cups but with a reasonable ride height.
No problem with the same meisters on a sedan or crx.
So I'd say the front end has differnences too.

By reasonable ride height I mean actual ground clearance plus inch gap between top of 195/55/15 tyre and the wheel arch at front.
With the meisters on a fairly hard setting the mudflaps will scrape on hard cornering due to body roll.
Better front ARB and some preload are probably needed.
Callum
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Callum »

The plot thickens lol. Seems odd theres so many different information for these yet theyve been modded for just as long. Atm mines running -50mm springs but from what i don't know, I've taken the mudflaps off as the noise was annoying but she doesn't really scrape luckily although on 15's still looks low. Have you spoken to meisters as i was considering a set of there coilovers?
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Yep, they can't help.

I'm down to getting custom cups made. Sadly I missed out on a full set of blown D2's on crx-uk for 50quid, else I'd have sorted it.

It's not a problem for Giz...
That means to me that he's lower than me.
My cups are wound out so the hole in them is below the bottom of the shock. that's not ideal. The hole is reference point to make sure you don't go below the shock bottom :D

It's not a problem now, but let's say I'm worried for when I start driving it more and it has more power...
MeisterR
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by MeisterR »

nominous wrote:Yep, they can't help.

I'm down to getting custom cups made. Sadly I missed out on a full set of blown D2's on crx-uk for 50quid, else I'd have sorted it.

It's not a problem for Giz...
That means to me that he's lower than me.
My cups are wound out so the hole in them is below the bottom of the shock. that's not ideal. The hole is reference point to make sure you don't go below the shock bottom :D

It's not a problem now, but let's say I'm worried for when I start driving it more and it has more power...
Right, I look back in the message and I think it isn't a case of we couldn't help, but you are going at it in a very difficult way.
For your purposes, you don't want to make a CRX coilovers fit, but you want to build a suspension for the shuttle.

It is like the DA Integra, you "can" use a CRX coilovers on it, but even on the highest setting it will be too low.
I think really what you "want" is a set of DA Integra suspension but with the rear fork (which we can easily do).

The good thing about having the suspension like this also is that you have more damper stroke travel, because we use a longer damper core unit and not a longer bracket.
So that mean you get performance advantage along with the "correct" ride height adjustments.

Jerrick
5% OFF MeisterR Coilovers for 4GUK members.
Use Voucher Code 4GUK when ordering on http://www.MeisterR.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0% Interest Finance Available (No Deposit Requirement)
Callum
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Callum »

Hi jerrick from what your saying how much would it cost for a set ready to fit? Like I've said don't nessarcarily want to go mega low i live on the iow our roads are pretty bad, need something thatll take the bumps and still handle well. Cheers
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Well I've already got them and they got little miles on them so I'd say, nope, I aint going to change.
And I would take the view that you couldn't help because all I really wanted was a spare set of cups to make extenders which IIRC you wouldn't sell separately.

So I'm now down the path of doing that with parts sourced from elsewhere.

The rear there is nothing wrong. They work fine.

For the front, you use a longer core unit?
So the same length as the one used for the CRX rear ??

So the question is how much for two of those core units.
I don't need the springs, perches, or anything else but the longer core units.
Can you do those separately ?
MeisterR
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by MeisterR »

Callum wrote:Hi jerrick from what your saying how much would it cost for a set ready to fit? Like I've said don't nessarcarily want to go mega low i live on the iow our roads are pretty bad, need something thatll take the bumps and still handle well. Cheers
If that is the case i can get a set build for you with longer dampers.
That way it won't sit too low at all.

Price will be £749 including delivery, and that will bolt straight onto the car out of the box.

Jerrick
Use Voucher Code 4GUK when ordering on http://www.MeisterR.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MeisterR
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by MeisterR »

nominous wrote:Well I've already got them and they got little miles on them so I'd say, nope, I aint going to change.
And I would take the view that you couldn't help because all I really wanted was a spare set of cups to make extenders which IIRC you wouldn't sell separately.

So I'm now down the path of doing that with parts sourced from elsewhere.

The rear there is nothing wrong. They work fine.

For the front, you use a longer core unit?
So the same length as the one used for the CRX rear ??

So the question is how much for two of those core units.
I don't need the springs, perches, or anything else but the longer core units.
Can you do those separately ?
Of course we sell spare parts, but that depends on what you have.
If you have the Zeta-S (the current range), then they are all available.
Spare bracket is £45 each, spare damper core unit is £125 each, these are all in stock.

Can you post a picture of what suspension you have, because until now I still don't know if you have a set of Zeta-S or a set of DCS Zeta.
If it was a set of DCS Zeta that was discontinued about 5 years ago, then it might be problem because they are really old.

I can try to do what I can but if they are the old DCS Zeta then there is limited amount of help I can provide.

Jerrick
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

EDIT: From PMs it seems like they are the Zeta-S

So for £250 it would be more cost effective to "fix" this issue I have with an extender which is looking like it's gonna be around 50quid to sort both sides.
See where I'm coming from? :)

Replacing my perfectly good shocks doesn't seem worthwhile. Then trying to sell them.
It's not like Meister has a failure rate of D2's so there isn't that much interest in the market for a set of shocks without springs or platforms or top mount second hand.
Selling the whole lot and buying a new set leaves me out of pocket by maybe 350quid.

BTW, would some measurements and picture help to see i the DA shock is going to work out ? - for others.