Me and my 1990 ed2 saloon

Introduce yourself to the rest of us - what's your car, plans and maybe a little about yourself if you like!
matty2194
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Me and my 1990 ed2 saloon

Post by matty2194 »

Hey all, Matty here from the south west in the UK, recently signed up to this forum, hoping a few of you may be able to help me with new family/project ed2, I'm not wishing to do anything major in terms of modifying the car as it is being used as a daily at the moment, just a few minor adjustments to get a bit more power from the original d14a1, dual carb, automatic. I have previously owned 2 other Hondas but both being 6th gen, a manual ek d15z6 and a manual ej d14a4, I done a little bit of work to the ej and used parts from ek as a donor (parts being engine, gearbox, looms and few other little bits) I'm not looking to change the engine in the ed as I'm hoping to keep the original d14 that's in there as it has only done just over 66500 miles and I want to keep it carb'd. I know a little bit about these engines but I'm not 100% clued up on them.
So to start off, am I able to use the manual d14a4 gearbox and do a 'straight swap' for the automatic a1 or would I require anything else?

I was reading a build on this forum by lee4391, I gotta say his cars have got me inspired to do a few things to mine, but that's for the future! Anyway, he has used the cam from a d15b if I'm not mistaken and I was wandering if the cam would fit from my d15 and if so would it benefit much from it?

The next thing is carbs, I'm looking to maybe get some bigger/better carbs, or maybe even just bigger/better jets to go into the standard carbs, any recommendations as to what I should be looking at getting is much appreciated!

Suspension: I have done a bit of research into it already but hopefully one of you kind people could possibly help me :) I have coilovers from my ej that I was hoping to put onto my ed, I've read this is possible but you have to get the front forks from an eg for them to fit, so is anyone able to confirm this for me?

These are the main things I'm looking at starting with the car, more will be done in the future but as of this moment in time funds aren't amazing so just looking at doing what I can with what I have lying around from previous Hondas :) there is a picture of the car in my signature but will hopefully upload some for you to see the rest of the car. Sorry for the misses ruining the pic :wink: Looking forward to reading your reply's!

Matty